Monday, June 2, 2008

Unplug Your Kids Projects: Ribbon, Metal



I've decided to start doing the Unplug Your Kids project each week to inspire us artistically and have some fun of course. Basically this blog owner picks a material/theme to use each week for an arts & crafts project to do with your children. If you participate, you are to post pictures of your project on your blog each Monday and link them at her blog. Since I will always be perpetually behind, I may never get to link mine, but here is the last two weeks. Well, actuallly last week was paint (I'll do that one later). (smile)




This project was to use ribbon. So I gathered all we had in the house and decided to make a bow for Yasina's hair. I couldn't think of anything boyish to do with pink ribbon, so the Master had to sit this one out. I cut the ribbon in equal parts, and Princess and I tied each piece around a elastic ponytail holder. The results are above. She got a lot of compliments on her work. She would say, "Me and Mama made it." So sweet.
Metal was the theme for this craft. I cut out Amir and Yasina's handprint from an old aluminum pie pan. They were to make a design on their hand with a nail and toy hammer. I would have let them use a real hammer, but we only have one and that would have been a fight.

They came out pretty cute.

I haven't done Babygirl's little hand yet, but I'll post it when I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment