Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just How Old is That?

The children drew maps the other day. One of our favorite movies is The Mummy series and we'd just rewatched it in anticipation of the new Mummy movie with Jet Li. I'd antiqued paper for the twins 3rd birthday party invitations (Wanted Signs, it was at horse ranch.), so I thought it would be fun to make their maps look old like in the movies. This was Amir's map. I know it looks wild, but he could explain every little detail.
I burned the edges of the paper on the stove. Yasina and I soaked the maps in coffee.
We let them soak for about 5 to 10 minutes and popped them in the oven to dry at a low temp.
During the soaking process their intial drawings dissolved, so they had to re-draw the maps.
They loved it! Can you see the boat, the trees, the human body, or a lollipop?

No comments:

Post a Comment