Friday, September 5, 2008

Matching with Montessori

I've been working on introducing Hassana to the concept of matching. Sometimes she gets it, sometimes not so much. She still very young, so we have plenty of time. I just thought it wouldn't hurt to put it out there.
We were using the felt board to match animals. I added a bit of velcro to the back of the cut outs to make them stick to the felt. Her favorite part is taking them off. So she goes through a routine of putting them all on and taking them all off. Over and over and over again. She is concerntrating and focused on this task, so she is working just the same.

We are also working with the circle, triangle, and square on the felt board this week.
These Baby Enistein nature cards are just beautiful. I got two sets for $4 bucks each, well worth it. I am using them to intro vocabulary and matching as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment