Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekly Report 5

Very light week, this one. On Tuesday, we celebrated the birthday of the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad, so no school. On Wednesday, we had an appointment early in the morning so we didn't get a lot done. Thursday was what I like to call a Read and Watch day. We read a lot of books and watched our library videos. That counts as school too, right? I hope so. Well, this is what we were able to accomplish this week:

Quran/Islamic Studies
We completed our study of Prophet Noah. The children love acting out the story. Poor Yasina always gets stuck with a supporting role, because Amir likes to pull the "but I'm the boy" card!

Math
Continued our counting practice (to 100, skip counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s). We spent a lot of time on greater than/less than this week. We've also started memorizing addition facts (0s, 1s, Doubles, and those that make 10).

Penmanship
Same ole, Same ole here, but going well.

Phonics
Amir's reading is really progressing. I. am. so. happy. You just don't know. It's like a light bulb just clicked on and he got it. He is doing 2 lessons a day from Teach your Child to Read in 100 EZ Lessons.

Yasina is still doing great is this area. She wanted to do 100EZ Lessons as well and get in some cuddle time. So I started her out a few lessons ahead.

Explode the Code is still going well. I'm going to order the rest of the series, 8 workbooks total.

Spelling
Spelling just did not get done this week. :-( So I'll pick up last week's list, this week.

Grammer
We learned about using verbs in different tense: past, present, and future. I'll have to share our fun little exercise for this.

Science
We completed the Polar/Tundra Biome. We'll start Forests next.

Geography
I found some great dvds on Russia that I'll share later. I'm learning alot on this one.

Circle Time
Nada!

Fine Arts
Zip!

Spanish
Huh?

We'll be hustling this week to stay on track. Busy, Busy, busy.

1 comment:

  1. that was so helpful to me. I had a semi-school week last week too and was feeling a bit bad about it. But I got up on time and we are off and running today. Starting on Tuesday is better than Friday right? LOL.

    ReplyDelete