Monday, December 22, 2008

Little Yogis

Last week, I noticed that Yasina was constantly showing me different stretches and trying to do splits. My first thought, yoga! I've flirted with the art of yoga over the years, but never anything serious. So after a little searching, I found this wonderful illustration and put together a routine. We've began starting our schoool day with prayer and our yoga routine. The children love it. There's actually a movement to incorporate yoga into the public schools because of the calming effect it has on the children. More on toddler yoga in a later post. Yasina performing the downward dog pose.
Amir in tree pose.

Quiet! The Princess is meditating.



He is knocked out. I made the little eye covers by the way. Just sew two rectangles together and fill with rice like a pillow. The children love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment