Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SD09 Countdown Day 3~Write and Illustrate a SD Story







I had the children narrate a story to me beginning with the pharse, "I woke up Saviours' Day morning and . . ."



I used bookrings from the office supply store to hold our book together. I really like them, makes the pages easy to turn and more like a real book. Amir and Yasina enjoyed doing the illustrations. Some were pretty funny like their people with no necks. LOL



Here's their story . . .

I woke up Saviours' Day morning and brushed my teeth, washed my face, ate cereal, and got my bookbag, coat, and hat. I packed my bookbag with toys. We got inside the truck and went to the airport. We got on the airplane. We had a snack and a drink . We played on the airplane. I asked Hassana, "Do you want to play?" We got off the plane, and went to Hotel Muhammad. We went to sleep. Everybody woke up the next morning. We ate breakfast and got inside the car. We went to a musuem. They had airplanes and firetrucks at the musuem. The musuem had a play area. The next day, we listened to Minister Farrakhan. He said, "As Salaam Alaikum." We said, "Wa Laikum Salaam." Then he said, "Happy Saviours' Day, Brothers and Sisters!" The End



You've just gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment