Saturday, February 13, 2010

Countdown Day 8 ~Field Trip and Gift Exchange

My field trips just have not gone as planned lately. Anywho, we ended up at the Black History Expo held at the George Washington Carver Musuem and Cultural Center. I met Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu, author of the Countering the Conspiracy to Destory Black Boys series and many other works. I am a long time fan and as a parent of a black boy, I have put many of his recommendations to work in my home. He is such a nice man and even autographed my books. I had my husband take them back up there after I found out it was him. I didn't want to seem like a groupie. LOL!

We got to see the real life Tuskegee Airmen!


Here are the children facing the audience, putting a face on the future leaders of this World.
Then it was off to the mosque for the Saviours' Day Gift Exchange.

Playing, "Who Wants to be a Muslim?" and drinking up some apple juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment