Thursday, March 25, 2010

Summer is a coming!

As you all may or may not know, Phoenix gets smoking hot during the summer like stay inside and lay under a fan all day and night hot. Even though we homeschool year round thus though the summer, I've had to do some serious planning to keep my children engaged and entertained each day during the summer months since we are stuck inside all day. The past couple of days I've been doing some brainstorming. Last summer, a neighbor/friend and I created a weekly schedule for our children that worked out great. Our neighbors have moved, but I think I'll keep the schedule. We had a day for arts and crafts, a trip to the pool, science experiments, weekly public library events, and the Harkins Summer Movie Program. Right now I'm working on a list of craft ideas and experiments which I may alternate with a cooking/baking project. Any really fun ideas? I'm taking all suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. your summer sounds like our winter (except we're staying in to escape the freezing cold rain). We wait anxiously for summer so that we can get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I look at it like our winter. The rest of the year in Phoenix is beautiful, but the summer is like whoa!

    ReplyDelete