Sunday, December 5, 2010

Meditate ~ Concentrate

 The above picture was taken in the Albuquerque, NM airport. I was shocked to see that an airport had a whole room devoted to meditation. Although I can think of no better place where a good ole wa-suuuu is needed, this sign was really unexpected.  The ability to quiet one's mind is in my opinion a learned skill. If I had mastered it by my college days . . . sooo now I find it important to share the importance of "quiet" time with my children. Usually after our yoga practice we use our meditation owls and find a comfortable position to just be quiet. I find the skill also helps with concentration in general. How many times have you found yourself attempting to complete a task, but you have 20 ideas, reminders, worries, etc rolling around in your head. Meditation can help you go to that quiet place when you need to. You know what they say, practice makes perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment