Thursday, March 5, 2009

SD2009 Countdown Day 19~Silhouettes *Updated*

I started with an unfinished wooden plate from Joann's. I forgot to take a pic before I started, sorry. I painted it white with craft paint and Mod Podge a piece of scrapbook paper onto it. I should have cut the paper to size first, but I was so excited and hasty I didn't. Therefore I had to cut off the excess paper.
I took a nice profile shot.


I printed the picture and cut it out. I traced the profile onto a sheet of brown cardstock paper.

I then Mod Podged the cardstock onto the wooden plate.









Add a cute piece of ribbon and hang! I'll probably embellish them a little more later, but for right now I like the simple look.


When I saw this excellent tutorial, I knew I had to do it. It is so easy and so cute. What a wonderful keepsake.

No comments:

Post a Comment