Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tuesday's Creation ~ Clay Bowls

My neighbor and friend have begun a summer cooperative with our children, a five month old, 2 one almost 2 year olds, 3 five year olds, and a 7 year old. Here's our weekly schedule:

Monday ~ Library Day
Tuesday ~ Arts and Crafts
Wednesday ~ Pool Day
Thursday ~ Science Experiments
Friday ~ Movie Day

We are in Week 2 and it's going very well. We alternate arts and crafts and science exp. days so the load is shared equally. I know my children could not be happier to see their playmates everyday. Fortunately, everyone gets along very well.

Last week, we made salt clay pots using a very simple recipe, 4 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tbsp oil, and enough water to make a playdough-like texture about 1 1/2 cups. We used kitchen utensils to create designs in the dough. I baked them at 300 degrees for about an hour. Let them cool and paint.












The children also made slime last week. I was low on batteries, so sorry no pics, but as you may know children love anything slime related! I'll keep sharing our projects. Let me know if you try any or if you are apart of a co-op and what you all do.


No comments:

Post a Comment