Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Eating Our Way Through the Alphabet













I was inspired by the book, Eating the Alphabet, to create a torn-paper alphabet book. I cut out the shape of a fruit, vegetable, or food item for each letter. Hassana then glues on torn pieces of the appropriate color construction paper onto the cardboard(sometimes her brother and sister help). I then glue it onto a sheet of white copy paper and label it with the letter and the name of the food. It coming along very well. So far we have




a-apple


b-banana


c-carrot


d-dates


e-eggplant


f-fish


g-green pepper


h-honey


i-ice cream


j-jam




I'll be sure to post pics of the finished product. Any good ideas for the rest of the alphabet are always welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious about the letter "k" already LOL! That's a tricky one there, I'll just wait and watch if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete